Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

The System of Beliefs...



Did you know you could free your old worn out belief system by changing your mind?

“In oneself lies the whole world, and if you know how to look and learn, the door is there and the key is in your hand.”

~J. Krishnamurti~

Keeping in mind the awareness that our beliefs arrive from the events and experiences of our past shows that the past is important. I like the way J.J. Hurtak puts it, “when history is not studied it tends to repeat itself.” I view my own current system of beliefs balancing between the memories of my past and my expectations for the future, similar to walking a tightrope,

when I release my fixation from long ago or let go of what lies ahead, I can land in the safety net of the here and now.

Is there really sickness and sadness without the concept of sickness and sadness? Can we retrain our minds to acknowledge the old beliefs and become aware of our true desires in order to initiate a shift in perception?

Esther Hicks says, “a belief is only a thought I keep telling myself,” which prompted me to wonder what the beliefs are I have about myself? Are my views about my life based on my inner knowledge of my true self, or an amalgamation containing the fear of what others think, along with my ego, and my past. Have you ever thought about your own belief system, what are you telling yourself, where do your beliefs come from? Are your beliefs from long-ago dictating your present?

There is a marked difference between our true selves, and who we think we are based on family, culture, societal views, what the media dictates and our life experiences. Hicks adds, “If a belief is only a thought you keep telling yourself then why not tell yourself a thought you don’t believe long enough that you do believe it.” We can actually change our beliefs to make us feel good. When I see my reflection do I like what I see or do I wish for something different? My desire is to alter my perception long enough to appreciate the reflection shining back at me, and I will continuously be happy to look in the mirror. I am learning to relax in the knowledge that by freeing the past beliefs the future is set free as well.

Written By Dawn, Wellness Educator

I am not my thoughts, emotions, sense perceptions, and experiences.

I am not the content of my life.

I am life.

I am the space in which all things happen.

I am consciousness.

I am the Now.

I AM.

~Eckhart Tolle~


Resources:

The Ultimate Happiness Prescription by Deepak Chopra

Stillness Speaks by Eckhart Tolle

Photos courtesy of photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment