Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Integrated Healing


Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
~Albert Einstein~

What is anything for?


A lesson in A Course In Miracles states, “I have given everything I see in this room…all the meaning that it has for me.” Without a frame of reference how would we know what something means, without a past or history how can we understand at all? A chair sitting on the floor can only have the meaning I give to it based on a shared history with the chair, otherwise I would have no way of knowing what it is. Meaning is not limited to the chair, my body or my relationships there is my self worth and my life as other examples of what I give meaning to.

A long moment spent just asking myself what meaning I give to my body all of the sudden has opened up a whole new insight of how I have attached other peoples words and ideas to my own self. The views of the media and comments about woman with similar body shapes for example, have swayed the meaning I gave to my own body, so how many of the thoughts and meanings that I have about my body are actually from my true self, and how many do not belong to me?

Following suit as I apply this perspective to many more aspects of my personal life or how I view a race of people or religious group, I can begin to see where my true knowing is in some ways smothered from the belief I convinced myself to have. Real true self-acknowledgement comes from within and has nothing to do with judgment and interpretation; Knowing is sure and founded on truth!


“If you want to reach a state of bliss, then go beyond your ego and the internal dialogue. Make a decision to relinquish the need to control, the need to be approved, and the need to judge. Those are the three things the ego is doing all the time. It's very important to be aware of them every time they come up.” ~Deepak Chopra~


Photos courtesy of photobucket

Resources :

A Course In Miracles

Deepak Chopra

No comments:

Post a Comment